Voice mail is a great invention. You get to leave a little blurp saying, "hey, this is *enter your name here*, leave a message!" You can get creative with it or just state your name and let the phone company make your message for you. If someone can't reach you, they can tell what they were calling about in the first place, thus eliminating the constant calling until they get a hold of you. Genius!
Given that, how many of you have every seen a number come across caller id and said, "who in the world?" and then let it run to voice mail? My personal motto is if it's important, they'll leave a message. Lately, I have been getting calls from a number in New York. They have left a variety of medical related messages for someone named Sue and some guy. This annoys me for a few reasons. One - They aren't listening to my name when they call and get my blurp. Two - They must notice their patients aren't getting these messages.
I put their number into yellowpages.com to see who exactly was calling and then called them to inform them that my number is not their patients number and they should check the area code. Unfortunately that was left on a machine. So who knows? The very same thing could be happening in their office.
A number of people have told me they get random calls just like the ones I have received and messages for some person they have number heard of. These are to voice mails that state their name in that persons voice. Are people not listening when they call? I have gotten that before and said, whoops, wrong number. To my knowledge I have never left a wrong message.
In my case, you would think they would be listening to the name on the voice mail to ensure they are reaching their patients and not sharing their medical info with complete strangers. Oh well, for the time being I get to hear about high blood pressure and appointments. Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Sue, I didn't know you had a blog, too! Also, why did you sign your entry "Sarah"?
Post a Comment