Since our final destination was in WV, we needed a place to stay over that would put us close to the mountain but not on it. They came to get me and waited until we were in the car and traveling down the road before informing me that the plan for the evening was to go to VT to stay with friends of theirs. BAH!! I was kidnapped! Drug right into the enemies territory and subjected to the torture of listening to VT this and that.
It started with a tour of campus. I have to admit, the buildings there are pretty. I am a sucker for brick/stone work. (Hello, Brick City anyone?) We ended up viewing it at night though, so I probably didn't get it in all it's glory. We went to PK's to grab pizza which smelled delicious from the street. We lost the Tijuana toss (coin flip to see if you pay or get the pizza free), but that's ok, it was worth it. We left there and traveled down a few buildings and popped into the Hokie House. Small trivia fact for you. They have flags from all of the colleges in the ACC conference EXCEPT UVA. Jerkfaces. Until I asked, neither of them had ever noticed.
We did a final drive around the campus and they showed me the building "where it all happened". I wasn't about to ask because I figure they get that enough. In the middle of their drill field they erected a memorial with stones symbolizing each life lost during that tragic incident. In this photo, they are the small dots of light in front of "The Sand Castle".
1 comment:
Ahhhh!!! Hooookies...!!! Noooo!!! Run away! Run away! :)
Post a Comment