If you have been following along at home, you know by now that I recently joined a gym. It's been almost a month now since I joined. In that time I have tried to get a taste of the classes they have to offer. So far I have made it to four different classes. No repeats yet.
The first was Cycle class. Now I thought I was in decent shape before, however I was not prepared for this hell. I am not kidding when I say, five minutes into this class I thought I was going to pass out. You basically run on the bike off the seat the whole time. Sarah doesn't run normally, never mind the bike. I managed to survive while sitting for the hour and ten minutes the class went on for. My butt hurt at the end which I considered a small price to pay to for the ability to walk.
The next class I tried was yoga. Most of you probably also know I take a separate yoga class from the gym. After taking this class, it will stay that way. It was ok, but it was just totally different. My class on Sunday - 10 people, class there - 50-60 people. Studio - mellow, calm; Gym - louder, sense of being rushed. It didn't really push me either. It's nice to go if I just want to supplement, but it will not replace.
I had been taking a water aerobics class on Wednesdays with some girls from work before joining the gym. Those same girls joined with me and we decided to try the aqua fit class. I would do this one again. I was sweating while in the pool and felt like I did some good work. The instructor doesn't know how to fill down time while we are doing the exercises so she repeats things like, "kick" about 100 times. I can tune it out. I hope.
Last night, I tried their kick boxing class. I haven't taken one since college, but I liked it then, so I wanted to be sure to try the class there. It kicked my butt from the very beginning, but I never felt like, "I can't do this" like I felt with the cycle class. I was drenched in sweat by the end, but the class flew by and I hurt today in the good way. I felt so good after class that I am looking forward to next Monday's already. I now have a date night at the gym. Me, kick boxing, Mondays, Heidi too, gotta love it. :)
Did this read a little like Goldilocks and The Three Bears? Kind of felt like it when I was typing. Oh well, point was made. I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment