We decided to hit up the waterfall trails first, which I think was the smartest choice. They had a bunch of stairs built to get you down to the falls and back up. I know after the 4.7 mile West Rim Hiking Trail, I would have not been too excited about that.
After the first main trail/waterfall split there was another split for two different waterfalls. We did both, but the stairs were the open grate kind and not favorable with the dog population. Mike decided to be an awesome puppy parent and save Rummy from the pain of getting back up the stairs.
We got slightly turned around looking for the West Rim Trail due to poor marking, but we eventually made our way there. The views while we were hiking were amazing. I think this is by far the most scenic of all the hiking I have done in Georgia.
I really liked the park a lot and think that it will be a great spot to do some backpacking with Rob. It will be something to do before we leave this state. Hopefully we will get through that long list before we actually do. :) I always enjoy a challenge.
*Editors Note* - Last entry that is backdated.
No comments:
Post a Comment