In honor of March 21st a lot of people take to cleaning out overlooked places in their homes that tend to accumulate junk. I guess this goes along with fresh starts and new beginnings, but also to, holidays are over and it's not nice enough to really be outside. I am no different.Last Sunday I decided to clean out my pantry and reorganize it. I tossed a few things, but was happy to see that I have been using most everything in there. Sometimes things get shuffled around and 3 years later it's like, where did that come from?
Today I have started with my sideboardish thing. It's a 15 drawer dresser that I painted and have made into a kind of storage unit for random things. Candles, crayons, light bulbs, screws, product manuals, etc. I had a lot of crap in there. Most of it was stuff in the wrong places that just kind of ended up there because two of the drawers turned into "junk drawers". Everything is back in it's rightful places and my trash can is a lot more full.
I enjoy having weekends where I can go through this kind of stuff because I hate clutter. And you never know it's clutter until it's piled up a bit and then it's like, BAM! I like throwing things out like old paper or just pure junk. It makes me feel lighter and overall just better. Now if I can just keep it up and to tackle the closet!
No comments:
Post a Comment