Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's a Twister!

As you all know, Atlanta has been in a bit of a drought for some months now. Recently, we had been getting some rain and storms in the area which have been great to help alleviate that issue. However it seems like our storms are the other end of extreme weather with lots of damage, power outages and as of a few nights ago, tornados. The king of storms came through and made a mess of downtown with our very own tornado hitting the Georgia Dome, Omni Hotel, and CNN Center area.

I was out celebrating a friends birthday outside the city and it was still miserable there. We made it to the car from dinner fine, but once in the car, it started to hail and pour rain in buckets. When we got to the bar, the rain was coming down in sheets. Thanks to Heidi and her umbrellas we were able to stay mostly dry. After getting inside, looking back outside was like looking at a white out in a snow storm because the rain was coming down that hard.

To be honest, we are making the national news a lot more than I would like. From what I remember we have made it for our drought, tornado, and the bus accident with the baseball team. I think we may get more coverage than normal because CNN and the Weather Channel are located right here in town. Their own backyard has enough stuff going on, so why look elsewhere? Smart thinkers they are. I just wonder what's in store for us next.

No comments: