Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beach on the Brain

Most of the people who read this blog either know I am going on a beach vacation and/or are coming with me on this vacation. Rob's friends started a tradition of going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina while they were in college. After they left college they realized there was an opportunity to keep doing the trip and make it a sort of reunion event. So they continue to plan a week at the beach each year over Memorial Day Week. Hence the term Beach Week.

This will my fourth year in attendance. I love this trip and look forward to it more than all others I take. What's better than having nothing planned aside from relaxing, swimming, drinking, and being around friends for an entire week? Not to mention it's relatively cheap since we get a big house and split it with whoever wants to go.

So, by the time May rolls around each year I immediately switch to a special mode of vacationitis I call Beach Weekitis. I told my boss sometime last week I already mentally checked out of work. I set my out of office and it's ready to go. I have made the various lists, shopping trips, and all necessary work to prep so far aside from the actual packing. Each time I do something like that I chant in my head, Beach Week! Beach Week! Beach Week!

I am also going to hopefully purchase a body board this year so I day dream about what kind I am going to get and how awesome I am going to out there on the surf. I am praying for warmer water temps and some bright bright sunshine. :)

I got so excited, I did a little jig in the hall today which one of my senior managers saw and laughed at. Whatever, they know I am crazy, it's just more pronounced when I am excited. :) So with 2 working days left, you can imagine I could be quite useless in the office. After a big meeting tomorrow, that will be entirely true. I'll probably be thinking about what kind of drinks I want to make. Hmmmm...... :)

No comments: