Sunday, May 25, 2008

Kara Bo Bara Got Married!

I promised more on the wedding event I attended in Rochester, NY, so here it is!

My friend Kara or as I call her, Kara Bo Bara was married to Matt last Saturday. The wedding was held downtown at a place called Artisan Works. It's basically a huge warehouse full of art and eclectic items. They had both the ceremony and the reception in the building. This worked out really well because after the ceremony we were given free range of the place to explore all the quirks it had to offer.

I must say this wedding was very Matt and Kara and done in their own style. That was pretty refreshing to see two people tailor such a special ceremony in a way that best represented them. They wrote their own vows, used song lyrics for readings, and had their wedding design as their backdrop on a giant projection screen behind them.

The reception was a lot of fun. We were given our table markers that looked like rock concert tickets with our names and the name of a band which was how they designated tables. On the tables they had old records glued together as a center piece and guitar picks laying around like confetti. For your favor, they had a table set up like a concert vendor stand with different jars of candy and little bags for you to fill. What an awesome idea!

There was no detail overlooked, but it didn't seem over done and no one seems uptight or spazing about anything. Just comfortable and fun, the best kind of party. I know they both put a lot into designing their wedding, but it was totally worth it and noticed. Almost everyone we talked to said positive things about it.

I just want to say how happy I am for the both of them and wish them the best and their start their life together. I am sure it's going to be a rockin' good time. :)

No comments: