Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Have Pretty Feet

This statement is not always true. Sometimes they are quite nasty if I have been mucking about in the mud or worn an uncomfortable pair of shoes that have left me with blisters. But today, it IS true. Last night I went for my first ever pedicure!

I have been on the fence about getting a pedicure for a while. Everyone has told me how wonderful they are, but all I ever think is, who wants to see my feet in that much detail? So I finally worked up the courage and asked for places that people have been to. So I finally settle for one of them and make plans to go. Well, wouldn't you know it, that one was closed to due a family emergency and would remain closed for two weeks.

At first I got a little mad. I mean, here I am, finally worked up the guts to go have someone play with my feet and the place isn't open! How rude! After about two minutes sitting in traffic, I told myself, people always say these places are everywhere, I am going to find one and just march right in and get it.

I ended up at what I would consider a normal nail salon. Nothing fancy, but never having done this before, I have no idea what to do. So they sat me in a massage chair (which was pretty fabulous by the way) and filled the foot bath for me. Then they let me hang out for a while. I got a pretty nice lady to do my toes. The pumice stone tickled a little, but overall felt pretty nice. Since I am going to a wedding this weekend, I got the French pedicure.

I have the home pedicure kit, but I have never gotten my feet to look this nice. And it wasn't that expensive. As one of the girls in my office told me, "Sometimes, when I am having a bad day, I will just go get one to sit in the chair and get some pampering." I totally know what she means. I wasn't that relaxed this time around as I was unsure of what was going on, but next time I'll know and be more so.

I've decided when I win the lotto, I am going to have a full service salon that will be at my disposal as well as all of my friends. Of course, I will have to start playing the lotto for this plan to work... Detail details...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ooh! Beth showed me a flyer last night. The pretty new nail salon next to McCray's has Martinis and Manicure nights on Thursdays. Wheeee!