Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Karma - The Universe Balancer

If you are really lucky, sometimes you get the instant gratification of watching the universe balance. My newest favorite is my co-worker who was the first car at a red light being cut off by 2-3 solid red light runners that turned left to get in his lane. He honked at them and the last car had a little old lady in it who apparently flipped him the bird (after she ran the light mind you) and then proceeded to smack into the car in front of her. And for that split second, you see how things could all work out in the end just like our parents told us they would.

Tonight I went shopping at Macy's to find some dresses that would be appropriate to wear to some upcoming weddings over the next few months. I found two nice dresses highly discounted and decided to get them both. Since they were having one of their super clearance sales, I decided to meander a little bit.

I tried on some hideously uncomfortable shoes, played in jewelry and finally into the hand bag section. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular but I am always drawn to the Fossil bags. I usually dig around looking to see if any are marked at what I can afford. This has yet to result in me buying one, but I always look anyway. Well tonight I found one I fell in love with, but it had no price. Huh, what to do?

I found the lady working in the department and asked her. She doesn't know, but is sure there is another one somewhere in the mix. So as we dig through the multiple clearance bins without success, she tells me she wishes some rich person would come buy them all and give them away. I've got to say, there were a LOT of them laying around. She said, "Ok, well I can't find one like it, let's see what something like it would be priced for." She grabs the first Fossil bag and gives me it's price, still in the range of, umm, not really selling me, my dress costs less than that. She says, well how badly do you want this? I said, "Well, I just wanted to know how much it was." She grabs another purse and says "How about *enter ridiculously low price for a Fossil bag*?" Sold! So we walk to the register and she goes to grab her glasses to ring me out. On her way back, she has another purse similar to mine in her hands. She tells me, "Well this one says $XX (more than twice the price she gave me), but this will be our little secret. I would rather give it to you for the other price and make your day." Ten minutes to closing and she just wants to make someone happy and go home.

It's nice when people do nice things for you just like you do for others for no real reason. Spread the love around.

No comments: