Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is a Non-Smoking Section Sir

I live in a one bedroom townhouse with a fantastic front porch I love to hang out on when it's not the dead of summer hot out. I also enough opening up my downstairs sliding glass door and two windows upstairs. I prefer the breeze method of cooling until it gets too hot outside. This has been a lovely feature of my apartment and hope my next residence can offer something like it.

Recently, well, about 6 months ago I got a new neighbor and I was so happy because I didn't like the sub woofer that lived there before. The new neighbor is from New York (tags on the car) and seems like a nice enough young kid. He is quiet, always says hello, but otherwise keeps to himself. My only really big beef with him is that he smokes. I think there is a policy about smoking inside the apartments around here because he is outside about 5 times a day on the phone and having a cigarette. It sucks because the wind blows it around and if I have my windows open, I can smell it inside.

Then I got another neighbor on the other side of him. I don't know much about him other than he has a motorcycle and also smokes. Two doors down on the other side of me I just got a new neighbor this weekend. As I was walking home from Rob's house, I saw him out on his new patio furniture.... smoking. I kind of cried a little on the inside.

I know they are all outside and following the rules, but what about my clean air? I enjoy my outdoor living space a lot, but don't really want to smell smoke all the time. Now, to be fair, I don't smell it all the time, but it's often enough to get me to write in my blog about it.

I am trying to be upbeat about it, but I just find myself disappointed in the situation. Disappointed for them because they are all young and with what all they tell you in school, I am surprised people still start smoking. And disappointed for me because the side affects of their bad habits are now something I have to deal with which I didn't ask for. Here hoping I won't be smelling much of them....

No comments: