Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can I Take Your Order?

There are a LOT of restaurants in Atlanta. Most of them unknown to me. I have gone to enough of them to have my selection of what I like and what I don't. It's not that I don't like new places, but it's hard to get out and go to them. Most of the time when we go somewhere new, someone else has planed it and we just show up.

New places are always a mixed bag. The phrase, "you win some, you loose some", couldn't be more true. Some of the "wins" have been - One Midtown Kitchen, La Paz, Figo, and Scalini's. Conversely, the losses are - La Parilla, Ru Sans in Five Points, and Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro (such a ripe off of the Cheesecake Factory, I don't know who they think they are kidding). We know they can't all be winners, but it would be nice if they were.

There are also some pretty sweet deals you can get at certain places IF you know about them. For instance, Zucca's has wine for $10 a bottle on Wednesdays. This is referred to as Wine-o Wednesdays. I would love to take advantage of it, especially now, as today is a Wednesday. Bella's Pizzeria has Happy Hours from 5-7 where you get a free slice of pizza for every alcoholic beverage you purchase. There's a tapas place that does $5 margaritas and half price tapas on Monday nights. Not bad! But the reality of it is, I never remember who's deal is when, when I am actually hungry.

I even get cards in the mail every now and then to some of the Buckhead Life Group Restaurants, but they always have restrictions and never seem like a good enough deal.

The goal is to just "get out more" at this point. Of course, I will have experiences to share so you will know where to go should you find yourself in this place they call Atlanta.

1 comment:

hollyburch said...

Have you guys tried Eat's? It was always a favorite when we were in college. http://www.eatsonponce.net/