.jpg)
No, not THAT Rock, ROC, Raptor Operations Center! It's my new home for the next 6-7 months. My new rotation officially started last Monday and I am now working as an F-22 Industrial Engineering on the flight line. An honest to goodness real IE. Holy Bananas!
So far I am impressed with this job and it seems a little more in tune with... well just about everything that was wrong with my last rotation. The work flow is better, the instructions and guidance are better, people are more talkative, and generally, I think this is just going to be a really great rotation.
Already I have gotten to see more action than I ever would have at a normal desk. I got to climb around in a C-5, watch one get backed into the hanger (not an easy feat), listen to an engine run on an F-22 (from my desk), and see other very cool things.
Now, my building isn't fancy. In fact, it's far from it. I work in an elaborated double wide trailer. We have no hot water, no bathrooms, and it smells a little funny, but it's home. The only thing that will take some getting used to is planning bathroom breaks around the weather. At least I am getting fresh air!
The work will be good too. Right now I am learning the mechanics of it all, but I can see myself getting some cool projects if I so choose. It's an encouraging environment as well. After the 7am meeting this morning, I got a fist bump from the VP on a job well done. My lead and the other IE for the flight line were out Monday and Tuesday leaving the newbee, with all the work. I survived!
It's going to be a fun 6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment