Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Hit List Revisited

As our time here comes to an end in Atlanta, I like to look back on my overly ambitious self with My Hit List. It was a list of all the places I wanted to travel to while we were down here. Little did I know how much time Rob would be spending with school work and how my vacation time would be taken up by visiting family and weddings. Needless to say, the hit list remains unhit.

We did however manage to visit Chattanooga, TN and that by far was one of my favorite vacations of all time. It was simple, fun, and close. But that has been our only real adventure down here. I guess now with the economy the way it is and our need to save up for the wedding (vacation time included), we will probably be limited in what we do before we go.

We have at least two trips we would like to attempt. One is we are still hoping for that weekend in Savannah, but the timing may get very tricky. Rob will be doing school work until April and May is just silly with traveling for work and the beach so that leaves June. Let's hope June is a good month. The other is a trip to the Outer Banks on the pre-anniversary of our wedding. We want to see how the weather is and meet with some photographers and floral people. Try and do some of it before having to deal with it while we are at the beach for real vacation at the end of May.

The Florida Keys, New Orleans, Orlando, and The Biltmore Estate are almost certainly out of the picture for now. Maybe some other time. :)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

GO to Savannah! Not that you really need encouragement (and I can't provide money & time...), but it's such a lovely place. There's a great hotel we stayed at, too, that was quite economical, but also local and groovy. I will try to find the name of it...