This year we celebrated the 13th year of the B&B Party. This year I took a kind of different approach to my costume. I more or less bought pieces of my costume and assembled them together instead of sewing on leaves or sequins until the 11th hour. I also had this costume picked out last year. Of course I still waited until last minute to start to put it together.
I decided to go as Flo from the Progressive commercials. I figured given my personality, it wasn't much of a stretch to imagine me as her. There were two things I learned in putting this costume together. One - the instructions on the iron on patch were not applicable to the apron I was using. It burned a little, but still mostly looked ok. Two - How to use a "Bump-It" which I have to say was one of the more ridiculous things I have learned in a while. The good news, the "Bump-It" had been out for so long, I got it on clearance. Bonus! Overall, I think it turned out pretty good.
Rob was inspired by some tall boots to become his college self. Mostly it was inside jokes with the people he went to college with, but it was done well. :)
 |
| Rob as his college self |
Here are some of the other stars at the party:
 |
| The Most Interesting Man in the World |
 |
| Mr. Tea |
 |
| Buddy the Elf and Jovie |
 |
| Marty McFly |
 |
| Chilean Miners |
It was nice to see everyone again and I am still amazed that we have so many original costumes after 13 years. I already have ideas for next year, but as usual I will probably wait until September to start working on it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment