Saturday, July 28, 2007

Creamy or Crunchy?

When was the last time you went to buy peanut butter? Did you notice how many choices you had? Let's say you have the normal brands, JIF, Skippy, Petter Pan, Smuckers, and you average store brand. Now each of those probably come in at least creamy and crunchy, and maybe even extra crunchy. Some of them may even come in combos of those choices like, reduced fat, light, and contains 8 essential vitamins. That's without adding in all the varieties of natural peanut butter. And while we are at it, might as well figure in the jelly/peanut butter combo because you may be too lazy to open two jars to make a sandwich. And to top it off, some people may be trying to price shop.

My point is, nothing these days is a simple choice. The act of choosing a type of peanut butter could very well lead to a nervous break down. I won't even get into buying cream cheese. And that's just at the grocery store.

My latest book that I am reading is the second in the Anne of Green Gables series, Anne of Avonlea. I think it's a good book and I get sucked into it. But the book is based on simpler times before all technology and modern day stuff. Granted it's a book so it's not addressing the real issues of living in that time period, but more who is misbehaving in a one room school house. Their biggest crisis for a day may be helping a man make a cake because he didn't know what he was doing.

I just wonder what it would be like to live in that time period. It just seems like a night and day comparison to the chaotic world we live in. I think there are a lot of pluses to todays world versus then, but sometimes I like to be smarter than the things I am working with. Who knows, maybe in the after life I can go play in different time periods.

I know, deep thoughts...

No comments: