Sunday, July 1, 2007
Stupidest Guarantee
I was listening to the radio this past weekend and I heard an advertisement for a tuxedo rental place somewhere in Atlanta. One of the people that work at the radio station was spouting out all the good things about this place and why you should go. One of them was about their service guarantee. If when you went in to pick up your tux and it didn't fit, you next tux rental was free. This seems stupid to me. If you had crappy service the first time around, what is the incentive to go back? Also, how many times could you possibly be renting a tux from your place of choice? Doesn't the groom (what most people rent for I would assume) decide where to get them? I am not a guy, but if I were I would never rent from this place. It sounded shady all the way around. For that matter, I don't believe I could ever be a radio announcer/DJ person if I had to peddle crap like that. They do it for just about everything these days, dog food, lasik surgery, jewelry stores, etc. Anything to make a buck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Believe it or not advertising is integral to a radio station's business model.
Post a Comment