Saturday, July 14, 2007
Harry Potter
The Harry Potter craze is back! This month is probably going to be the highest grossing month for J.K. Rowling yet. What's another billion or so to the richest woman in England? The fifth movie, Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, is currently in theaters. Also in one weeks time, the most prized final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, is released for public reading. I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I believe this to be a glorious month as well. Of course in preparation for this month, I have been doing an obscene amount of reading.
I have chosen to re-read the entire Harry Potter series. So far I am about 3/4 of the way through the fifth book. Even though I have not finished the book, this did not prevent me from watching the movie, however it would have been nice to have finished it. If I could only skip out of work for a few days. Hmmm.... :P I did manage to see the latest movie on opening day. Rob picked up tickets on his way home from work for the 9pm showing. I told him we better get there an hour early as I have previously gone to see other Harry Potter movies on opening day and you are better off getting there early. At 8pm we pulled into the theater and promptly got in line taking spots 5&6 in the line. About 10 minutes later the line erupted behind us and then proceeded to get so long is started to snake around the lobby. Experience has paid off! We got decent seats and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I won't put spoilers in here because that's not my style, but it was really well done. A little cheesy in a few parts, but on a whole, it was fabulous. I want to see it again.
I have also been spending some time trying to fill a co-worker in on the details of the Harry Potter series. He is a movie watcher only which I feel is quite sad because these books are so easy to read. I have lent him my fourth book and picked out the last few pages for him to read so he understands what is going on and the why it's happening. I am sure Monday I will be asked for more back story which I am happy to provide. I think the people in my office think I am nuts. I am ok with that.
Now I have 7 days to read the remaining series before the 7th book hits my hands. I probably won't do a whole lot next weekend except read. I can't wait to find out what happens. I have been told I must really be motivated to be reading all of these books again. I say it's a fine line between being motivated and being slightly retarded. :P It will pay off in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment