Last week was sadly, my last softball game of the season. I mean have only been playing since the sometime in April. Somehow, I don't think the sarcasm is really translated that well. It was fun, but seriously way too long of a season. If you will all remember the post that documented the start of it and note the date.
We had playoffs the week before last to determine who would go to the sudden death match, I mean the championship game the following week. Well we managed to pull that together and win so we got to play the last game.
To be fair, it was a really close game, they scored 3 runs, we scored 3 runs kind of deal. So it was neck and neck until the 6th inning where we scored plenty, leaving the score at 15-11 to start the 7th and final inning. They tried their hardest, but with 2 outs and a guy at bat that couldn't hit a fair ball to save his life, the championship was at hand! (Otherwise my title for this blog entry would be highly misleading.) At his last strike, I had ball in hand and we were declared Division C League Champions for 2007! *Enter Queen Music*
I guess the deal is we get plaques or something stating how awesome we are to put in our cube. That's a plus, I will have proof of it as soon as they are made. I had a pretty good team and I guess since I survived softball season I am allowed to go out to lunch with them now. Neat. I must have scored some amount of cool points to manage that status. It was probably when the dude stepped on my foot with his cleat at home plate while I tagged him out that did it.
I honestly don't know what I am going to do on Wednesday nights anymore. I have been bowling or playing softball since February. I think I might just put my feet up and watch TV. Who am I kidding? I have a costume to make!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment