Monday, September 15, 2008

Back To The Gym

It's been a while since I have been to the gym. Travel, vacation, and really hot weather have been the main drivers in keeping me away. But the good part is, I returned.

I got out of work and went straight to the gym. Going home would have doomed me to surfing the web, watching TV, and reading books. I know, it's been part of the reason I have been away so long. I got to the gym and hopped on the elliptical for a while just to ease back into things. I jammed to my IPOD which took a little bit of set up, but I got it working, and had a good old time.

When I left the gym, a considerable increase of people were trying to find parking spaces for the gym. Often they will troll the aisles in hopes of finding one right near the door. I have taken to just parking in the first spot I see, but watching people do this baffles me. They are going to the gym to presumably work out for some period of time and can't walk an extra 30 yards to plenty of available parking. Of course, I don't understand the two people who were next to me on the elliptical machines who grabbed the hand rails to off set their weight and paddle really fast either. At least they were all making an effort to be there. That's more than some I guess.

No comments: