Monday, September 1, 2008

Andrea & Tyler Visit the ATL


This past weekend has been pretty awesome. Andrea and Tyler flew in from Newport News for a long weekend visit. They were welcomed to Georgia with a pretty long wait for their bags and then got to see the lovely pick up area outside. My favorite part had to be right after they were loaded in the car (literally just shut the door), a car pulled up to my side and parked blocking us in. Lovely. People are so considerate of others.

We got back to the house for some delicious dinner and watched Meet Bill . I got to say, I thought it would be a better movie. Oh well. We hung out and ate the remaining cookies I baked earlier that week.

On Saturday we did the tourist thing. We thought getting downtown was going to be awful with the highway being shut down, but we didn't have any trouble getting in or out. Neat. We were surprised to find that Clemson and Alabama were having some sort of all day pre-party for their opening game. A see of orange and maroon everywhere. Almost looked like a VT infestation.

We made our way over to the CNN center for the tour there. That was actually pretty cool and our tour guide was pretty nice too. After the tour was over, we went to the World of Coke. It was my fourth visit and the most crowded visit for me. But it was still pretty cool and the Beverly still tastes like nastiness rotting in your mouth. Just in case you were wondering.

That night they took me out for dinner to La Paz for my birthday. I have to thank the Pennocks for introducing us to that place. It's probably one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Sunday we hung around, had a cookout, and I was beaten pretty badly in Scrabble. I have accepted this as the norm. However, I did learn a few new words. Knute is probably my favorite. Just in case you are writing poetry and need a word to rhyme with flute. Cqit I think was the other one.

Today we dropped them back to the airport, but first we hit up Chick Fil A for their free chicken strips. I had on my new UVA hat, Rob and on a UVA shirt, Tyler wore his William and Mary shirt, while Andrea sported her new RIT socks. The lady behind the counter admitted she really didn't know schools. I was also wearing my Breckenridge shirt and she thought that was the school I was sporting. Whatever, we got free chicken. Yum!

All I can say is I need more weekends like that. Hanging with friends I don't get to see very often and just having fun. :) What a way to start my birthday week!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hmm...I've heard antibiotics get rid of a nasty VT infection.