After moving to the new place I set all the plants out back and just let them be. They get plenty of sun now because we have no roof back there. Apparently, this was just what the doctor ordered. I thought some weeds were starting to grow in the bucket and ignored for a while. But then I looked closer and saw that two marigold plants came back form the dead. Apparently when I pulled them up, I didn't get all of them or they dropped seeds. Either way, it's a nice addition to the family of flowers I have now. :)
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I Have a Brownish Green Thumb
Earlier this spring, I decided I wanted flowers on my porch again. I went to Home Depot and picked up some geraniums and marigolds. They were quickly planted and just looked wonderful. About four weeks later, all my of marigolds died which I thought was odd considering last year, it was the only thing that survived. I pulled all the dead plants out and wrote it off as a loss. I decided to be content with the geraniums.
After moving to the new place I set all the plants out back and just let them be. They get plenty of sun now because we have no roof back there. Apparently, this was just what the doctor ordered. I thought some weeds were starting to grow in the bucket and ignored for a while. But then I looked closer and saw that two marigold plants came back form the dead. Apparently when I pulled them up, I didn't get all of them or they dropped seeds. Either way, it's a nice addition to the family of flowers I have now. :)
After moving to the new place I set all the plants out back and just let them be. They get plenty of sun now because we have no roof back there. Apparently, this was just what the doctor ordered. I thought some weeds were starting to grow in the bucket and ignored for a while. But then I looked closer and saw that two marigold plants came back form the dead. Apparently when I pulled them up, I didn't get all of them or they dropped seeds. Either way, it's a nice addition to the family of flowers I have now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment