Since I starting going to the gym again, I went looking for my master lock. I know some people don't bring a lock with them, but quite honestly, I don't trust people to not steal what I consider to be meaningless to someone else.When I first starting going in January, I found my old lock from high school which I had smartly attached the combination sticker to when I was done using it back in the day. This proved very useful in re-using the lock some 7 years later.
In between when I stopped going to the gym around May and now however, I did not find the sticker to re-attach to the lock. So when I found the lock a few days ago, I had to dust some cobwebs out and try to remember what the heck the combination was.
I was fairly certain what three numbers they were or were close to, but what order and if those were really it were a little sketchy. I spent a good amount Monday trying to figure it out before giving up and changing prior to going to the gym.
However! Victory was mine when, at 10:30pm, lying in bed, I suddenly remembered a combination I hadn't tried yet. I ran and got the lock. On the second try, it worked!!!!
Normally when you don't remember the master lock combination, it's a lost cause. Just chuck the thing and get a new one. Thankfully, I had a moment of clarity that paid off. Small victories like this one makes me happy. WOHOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment