Friday, September 12, 2008

Sly Fwatting

Have you ever been the only one to see a fly buzzing around and you find yourself following it like a cat would? Erratic flying patterns making your head jerk around and the urge to swat at it peaks as soon as it almost lands?

I noticed a lead at work doing this today. I did not see the fly and without knowing what she was doing, she looked like a crazy person chasing imaginary air things. But I imagine this is what I look like after I have found a fly that is bugging me. Moving my head all around, very intent on killing, smacking my hands together multiple times, sounding as if I don't know how to applaud properly. It really bumps my score in the "acts real grown up like" category. In fact it's happening now as I type this. Clearly a very current topic.

I also kind of wonder if flies aren't something of dare devils themselves because they always seem to be just out of reach and move a millisecond before the paper/hand/swatter would have made squashedness out of them. Also, and this may prove some days I don't have enough to do, if you don't actually really hit the fly dead on, they will wait a while and then get up and move around again. They get to feign their own death.

All in all, I think flies were put here to make us crazy. And be food for spiders. That's about all their usefulness that I can tell. And quite frankly, I would be happier if the spiders starved. I don't care for them either. So, in closing, I leave with you Bucky as he analyzes the species.

No comments: