I am sure you have seen pins that claim they have the newest, most simplest, fancy way of cleaning ever! I am always skeptical about these claims. Most are using ingredients that sound plausible, but just not main stream enough for it to be, "oh, of course that would work". I have a handful of pins on my Cleaning Tips board which boast a lot of these kinds of things. Today I am going to try this one:
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/11/goodbye-to-yellow-armpit-stains.html
This blog entry actually did what I am doing. She explains that she was told about this miracle cure fix it for stains and she was skeptical but she posted before and after results and it seems to work for her. Since I am able to follow a recipe (the ingredients ratio) and scrub clothes with the best of them, I am pretty confident this will work.
I sweat like there's no tomorrow. I think I might sweat more than my husband, so needless to say, the shirts I am going to try this on are from my drawers. I have a lot of free shirts I wear around the house (especially on maternity leave) and I used to wear them out in public. I wear them a lot less now because they have the funky arm pits. So, let's see how this stacks up on the cleaning scale.
Mixture 1 part Dawn to 2 parts hydrogen peroxide. Mix together, apply to stain. Scrub.
Before:
After:
Overall opinion:
This worked, but there is still some stain on the shirt. I imagine this is partly because I picked one of my worst shirts to try it on and I have really high expectations. Also, the pin text called for adding baking soda whereas the actual article did not specify that until later as a "bonus" ingredient. They also let it sit for an hour then laundered as normal. I rinsed it after scrubbing and let it dry. SO! There are a few things I can try in the future which may help remove the stains further. I think this could be a valuable thing to keep on hand especially with small kids who manage to wear most of their daily activities from arts and crafts to food to poop. I have seen it all. Ha! It'd be nice to know it can really actually come out though. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment