Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Diehl's Visit Atlanta

A few weekends ago the Diehl's made their way to the great ATL. Rob and I met them at the airport to start their totally awesome weekend. They arrived on Thursday night and were whisked away to Casa de Pennocks. There they enjoyed a 3 night stay with Amanda, Mike, and Rummy.

Friday we went into the city to have some lunch, visited Rob in the studio and got a quick tour of campus and then to the World of Coke. World of Coke was fun and way better than going during the weekend. Smart move on our part, we got parking and it wasn't over run with people.

Saturday we decided to tackle the big mountain, Stone Mountain. It's no 14er, but it offered a nice view. The weather was nice enough that we weren't drenched in sweat once we got to the top either. We drove around the front to see the generals carved into the side of the granite face.

We enjoyed having them down here and showing them around town. Well at least I did and I am pretty sure Rob did too. I shouldn't speak for all parties.

We are pretty sure that the Diehl's are now aware of how much more awesomer the ATL is than DC with our confederate flags, rednecks, and of course, Rummy.

No comments: