Friday, September 21, 2007

The Passing of an Altanta Landmark

When I first heard the news, I was devastated. According to my former co-workers I would be out of a job to boot. This past month, an Atlanta Landmark on the tour path for visitors closed it's doors to the public. That's right, Girls R Fun has closed.

There will no longer be glowing pair of hot lips with the word "YES" glowing in the night.



The beat up blinds and tantalizing signs for girls are no longer teasing the public eye.



The flashy signs from the road will never attract customers.



I would like a moment of silence to observe the passing of this truly awesome landmark. It will be missed.

2 comments:

hollyburch said...

I am almost traumatized by this disturbing news. I drove by this establishment every day to get to Tech. Atlanta will just never be the same.

ivode said...

That is unacceptable. I remember Olga's closing my first year at Tech (it was right next door). With Girls Are Fun gone there will be nothing holding back Swinging Richard's from total domination. Sam Flax better watch out...

I'll pay to dollar for those neon lips if you can get your hands on the!