It's that magical time of the year again. The one night you have to be someone else and no one will send you to the funny farm. You're dying to be a box of tissues? Suit up my friend! Want to be a super hero, let me get you your cape! Anything you can imagine, you can be.
There is a party that is going on its 10th year in existence for all wackos who want to be that other object or person. For those of you who do not fall into the circle of regular party goers, it is the one and only B&B Party. Complete with it's own website. :)
After all the years this party has been going on there have been a LOT of costumes done. Some of them are pretty original and some have just been classics executed really well. Some of my personal favorites include, Duncan as LiLu (He gets the first memorable imagine of Rob's friends), Holly and Wade as Publisher Clearing House Giver and Winner, Dave as Duff Man, Ben as Uncle Rico, and many more. They are all so creative and it's a silent competition to outdo each other every year. Yeah there is the whole "costume contest" but what you really want to hear is people saying, "That's an awesome costume."
So you work on your costume and you keep it to yourself. Even hours before the party some people hold their cards to their chest. No worries, I do the same. The reveal is much more fun if you just present yourself in costume, then no one gets their own ideas of how your costume should look before they see it.
Nothing is different this year. I have my costume picked out and I think it's going to be a blast to make and hopefully I pull it off well. I have come a long way since "The Tourist" who came on a whim to get off the couch and meet people (best decision ever). Below are the last few costumes I have done and they are all hand made which gives anyone super bonus points. Anyone can go buy a costume off a rack. It's not truly your work of art until you have pricked yourself with some sewing object.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment