Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Hanging Out in The Airport
I am flying home today. I hope. Currently I am parked in the Syracuse International Airport. I have been here since 2:30ish. When I came here today I had two flights to take. One leaving here at 4:15pm then transfer in NYC and take the 7pm flight back to Atlanta. I got as far as telling the lady at the check in counter this and she picks up a phone and asks if there is room for me on another flight. She told me I can take a flight non-stop to Atlanta at 5:55 out of Syracuse. Neat.
I walk over to the Delta counter get my ticket, call appropriate parties about my early arrival time and think things are going pretty well. My dad has decided to wait with me until I have to go through the gate. The security check at Syracuse doesn't take that long because it's not a busy airport. So we hang out and in that time Rob calls to tell me he sees that my flight isn't leaving until 8:50 and not due into Atlanta until 11:30. How odd. I walk down to the counter to verify this is actual fact and it turns out it is. My dad waited with me until almost 6pm and then I went through the gate.
I now have 2.5 hours to kill before my plane is supposedly ready. I guess things might get better, but I am still going to be quite delayed. I got to the airport today at 2:30pm for an 8:50pm flight. Nice. At least I had some company for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment