Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Grown Up Holiday Party
I was given an invitation at work today for a holiday party at my boss's house in a few weeks. It was like opening a new level of adulthood. I have never been to a holiday party at a boss's house. I have hosted one party and if I may say so, it was far from sophisticated with the help of Mad Elf and a few Tigger decorations. BUT! It was an absolute blast and I think everyone had a great time.
I like my boss. He is a pretty cool, down to earth guy. I am comforted in knowing that other people from the office will be attending (or were at least invited) so I will have a pool of familiar talkative people to socialize with. I think this could be a pretty fun casual non work with work people event.
But how casual? It's for drinks and hours devours. Sounds simple and light, but I am already thinking, what it considered a good outfit for these things? Do I bring anything? Even if I ask and they say no, is that supposed to be overlooked and I should bring cookies anyway which my boss doesn't eat but maybe his family does, because that's the polite thing to do?
Thankfully, I think my magazine will help spell it out for me as I think they did an article on just such things. Otherwise, I may implode. Got to love stress free holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
1. No sequins, no jeans of any fabric type=outfit appropriate for all occasions.
2. Bottle of wine you'd be willing to drink or small, ribbon-prettified non-seasonal houseplant (no need to find a vase the minute you arrive!)=all-purpose arrive-with-something-in-your-hands item.
I love me some Miss Manners, and this is what she says. Have fun at the party! (As far as I can tell, the entirety of my next month of work will be spent making appearances at various Christmas gatherings...)
You're engineer. People expect engineers to be socially awkward. It's like a free pass!
Post a Comment