Friday, November 30, 2007

Here's a cup of cheer!

I am feeling back to normal, although now I have a pain in my lower back that I am really unsure of where that came from. Doing some yoga stretches and heating pads are helping a little bit.

Today is an off Friday for me so I tried to think of every last thing I was going to need for the month of December before leaving the house today. I know I am going to have to go back out at some point, but I tried to get baking ingredients, boxes, tape, etc. because of the people who show up in public during the next month. I think some of them already started as well though because I ran into a number of rude pushy people today while I was shopping. Bah. My least favorite part of the holidays. I think everyone just needs to paste a huge smile of their face and count to 20 with a cup of cheer in their hand. It would be a more pleasant place I am sure.

I have managed to decorate the house this week. The tree is up and decorated and looks pretty at night. I have the candles in the window and the garland on the stairs. So far the cats have only knocked down 3 ornaments which I had planned for. I put kitty proof ones of the lower branches because I know they think they are their toys. I want to decorate the outside, I just need to buy a converter for the light bulb socket to accommodate outdoor lighting. How pretty.

As I mentioned, I did pick up some baking supplies and I have a huge cookbook for cookies. So now the question is, what ones am I going to make today? Hmm.... If time weren't the issue I would make them all today. Oh well, small steps will get it done too. Now to go find my cup of cheer and my apron. :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That pain in your back? It comes from BEER! - Heidi