I thought the holiday season started a little on the early side, but now I am noticing it's mid-November (how did that happen?) and I think maybe it started just right.
Last years holiday season I felt disorganized and spastic. The was probably due to a combination of things. I had just moved here in mid-October, so I was still learning where things were and some boxes weren't even unpacked. I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for Rob and some of his international classmates that have never experienced a Thanksgiving before. This was a lot of fun, but a LOT of work. Then the first week of December I was on the west coast. Not ideal for shopping, but I did it anyway. On top of all of that I was trying to bake about 10 different kinds of cookies in my free time (HA). This year, I am determined to not be crazy. Well, beyond the normal state. :)
I didn't just move, Thanksgiving is happening somewhere else, no trip to the west coast is planned, and I already have a head start on the shopping. Even with the head start, I still have a lot of stuff left to do. I just would like to enjoy this season and not have to spend my time in lines at Target behind 30 people who decided to do their entire Christmas shopping in one trip and I just have a bag of socks. Not going to happen. I am looking over catalogs, ads for stores, and I am planning my attack. The deals the day after Thanksgiving are never that good to drag me out to a free for all anyway. So here's to a season of sanity enjoyed with friends and family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment