There have been two news stories that have been getting some decent press down here and I want to share so you can laugh too.
News Story 1
For those of you living under a rock, we in the south are in a bit of a pickle with our water situation. It's mostly the not having lots of it around that's the problem. So what is our governors answer to this crisis which they haven't been proactive on? Why pray for rain of course! My favorite quote of the article is "The only solution is rain, and the only place we get that is from a higher power." Now I am ok with praying for things and whatever you want to do, however, when it's the governors solution to easing the drought, I have to wonder what they have been putting in his Cocoa Puffs. The service will be next Tuesday if you care to join.
News Story 2
This next one happened last night. Apparently a man robbed a bank yesterday afternoon and was heading out of town on I-75 close to the start of rush hour. There was a GPS locater in the bank bags he took with him. The police decided to track that GPS unit, isolate it, and hence find the suspect. I think this is a good idea. The method in which they implemented it though I would have to disagree with. They shut down I-75 during rush hour to go from car to car and search for the suspect while trying to find the unit. !!! They never found either and eventually gave up. I am so glad I don't commute on the highways.
I will have to quote Leslie from the morning show here, "Only in Georgia will you pray as a solution for no rain and now we shut down the highway going from car to car looking for the bank robber with the story being broadcast over the radio which people are listening to while stuck in their cars. What is wrong with us?" I have no idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I actually heard about the praying thing out in California. What a jackass. How about enforce water use restrictions, or raise water rates, or fix leaks in the water system, or plan for growth? No, not in Georgia. We just pray for more rain. It reminds me of a bumper sticker that you can buy from the Onion store. It says "Jesus is my car insurance."
Post a Comment