Friday, January 18, 2008

I Am A Card Carrying Member!

Yesterday I did something radical. Well, I better not get that carried away. However, I did go scope out a gym after work yesterday with two of my friends from work.

I had been looking for a long time to join one, but I didn't want to listen to the sales pitch. If it's one thing I can't stand, it's the persuasion techniques of sales people. I took the class in college that told me all about it. I can tell when they are being used on me and it urges me to punch them in the face. Not the best reaction, so I figured going in groups would help resist the urge and provide some back up to the, "I'm not stupid" look/comeback.

We got the general tour and let me just say, best locker rooms I have ever seen. The salesman tried his pitch which was not as bad as I was thinking it would be. I had gone in with what I was willing to pay for the monthly fee and the "initiation fee" (aka BS fee). I ended up paying less that half of what I had in mind. Sweet!

In any event, I felt the group approach helped because he knew he could get all three of us to sign up so he was willing to cut us a deal. Quite honestly, they can do whatever they want, but it's nice when they exercise the right to make a good deal. Haha, get it? Exercise the right? Besides, having people to go with helps.

Anywho, now I just have to go. I am considering doing it tonight, but we will see. :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think Shelly's poker face helped too. Tee hee. I don't wanna go! I can't get motivated. :(