Ahh... vacation. Is there nothing better than time away from work, school, etc? I submit there is not. However, vacations around the holidays can be tricky to plan. For most people it means going home and spending time with family and friends. For me, it's planning the travel route to ensure spending time with family and friends.
When I go home, I still have go out and visit with people because not everyone shows up to a particular household. Christmas Eve is at my Aunt house, Christmas day is at grandparents house and my brothers house. Then I have friends from high school that are usually in the area, so there is meeting up with them and hanging out. Of course don't forget the obscure relatives that you also have to say hello to. After all is said and done there are about a dozen different places to stop in a visit at home.
This year I added on to my normal Christmas circuit by visiting Rob's family in CT for a few days after Christmas. It was a little scary to meet them all, but they turned out to be quite nice and fun to be around. We stayed put while we were there which was nice. After visiting there we traveled back to NY. This time I picked up and handsome travel companion. He came and visited my family. So there was more bouncing around town to meet the various important members.
After a weekend of that we got on the road to head towards DC. We rang in the New Year with friends and are going to veg for a day before picking up and making that last leg back to Hotlanta. There will be no race back with the Penrocks who are undoubtedly on the road as I type. I am really looking forward to the weekend. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment