Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why I Paint My Toenails In The Winter

I know a lot of guys don't understand why girls feel the need to paint their toenails in the winter. I have my own reasons which I thought I should share to enlighten others.

The first I would have to say is that I own outrageous nail polish colors. Everything from purple, to lots of sparkle, orange, green glow in the dark, and all shades of blue. Yeah so what? Well in the summer, I wear a lot of shoes where you see what color I painted them. Most of the time those colors are not appropriate for the outfit I am wearing or setting I am in (ie - work). However, in the winter, no one really sees them, but I can look down on my bright blue toes and smile.

The other reason is that I do expose the toes in public settings twice a week at least for yoga and water aerobics. Two places where they don't give two hoots about what color they are, but I would prefer it if my toenails weren't naked.

So, however bizarre that sounds, I do enjoy painting them and I don't care if no one sees them. It's a girl thing. :)

No comments: