Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Love a Good Deal

Yesterday I spent a good many hours meandering around one of the few outlet malls in the area with a friend of mine. I had a blast going through all of the stores up there. Some were the, "oh just for fun" kind and some were the "ooo my favorite store".

The trip started with a trip to Ralph Lauren which is a store I generally don't go in because I can never afford anything in there. As I was going through their racks, I found the one that is the "top line fancy shmancy stuff'". I found a skirt in my size that had the original value of $1,093 marked down to $599, then it was 75% off of that. What a steal! I had to know what a skirt that cost that much feels like. Let me tell you, it was kind of retarded. It didn't fit that nice and was itchy. So now I know.

We moved through the circuit of all of the stores. Laughed at some, got some good deals at others. Right now because it's January, everyone is having the take an additional 30% off the clearance price. Since my friend and I have the same shopping trends to just go to those racks to begin with, we were getting great deals. At the Nike Store, I found yoga pants that were suggested retail of $60, clearance marked to $14.95 and then 30% off that is like $11.98 or something. Not too shabby I think.

The only downside to all the shopping is that it's addictive. I found myself looking at soup/pasta bowls in a store saying, "I don't have any of these and this mismatched set is only $5." Then I mentally slapped my mind and put them back. But they were such good deals!!

I don't regret a single purchase I made yesterday. They were good and well worth it. I found some stuff I had been looking for and can now cycle out clothes I don't wear in my closet. Wohoo!

No comments: